Every summer, you spend a considerable amount of time, money and resources refinishing your wood gym floors. In order to maximize this investment and ensure that your gym floors will continue looking great until the following years refinishing, it is important to follow the steps below to prolong the quality of the floors.
- Daily dust mop and spot cleaning of the gymnasium
- Dust mop after every 2 hours of activity with a properly treated dust mop
- Dedicate one or more dust mops exclusively to the gym
- Place proper matting at all entrances to the gymnasium to trap debris and absorb moisture
- Yearly refinishing to maintain the level of protection for floor finish
- Prevent excessive abuse of floor when possible, or place Anderson Floor Safe Tiles on Surface
- Control the temperature and humidity of the gym to minimize shrinkage and swelling of floor during seasonal weather changes.
- Don't use duct tape, athletic tape and vinyl tapes to mark temporary lines on floors
- Don't use tape to anchor wrestling or gymnastics mats to the floor
- Don't use floor polishes or waxes to dress up the appearance of floors between annual or semi annual refinishing of the floor - use a brand new product from Hillyard: Recon
- Don't over-wet or saturate the floor with liquids, water, cleaning solutions, etc.
Activities to avoid: Indoor hockey, Baseball/Softball, Roller Skating, Bicycling, Skateboards, Dancing with metal soled shoes/pointed heals. and moveable tables and chairs.
Need help finding the right equipment and products? Reach out to us at email@example.com.